Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager that stores emails and various attributes such as calendars, contacts details, tasks, journals, notes, etc. in a single PST file named as Outlook.pst. If this PST file containing these Outlook attributes, gets damaged due to any reason, then it may lead you to worry about how to repair those Outlook data. An inbox repair tool called scanpst.exe, which comes out with Microsoft Outlook application can be used for fixing corrupted PST file. But, sometimes this inbox repair tool fails to fix the issues. In such a situation, you can fix damaged PST file with the help of Fix PST software in few steps.
Reasons behind the damaged of PST file:
External Threats: While you are accessing any emails or other Outlook attributes through network then there might be a chance that virus will affect your accessed PST file and it will make your PST file inaccessible.
Power surge: Outlook terminates abnormally due to power surge or system shutdown suddenly. In such cases, your PST file gets corrupted.
Storage device failure: When PST file is saved on bad sectors of the hard drive, then some or all PST file may get corrupted and become inaccessible.
Oversized PST file: PST file get corrupted if they exceed the allocated size of that PST file. For Outlook 2000, the oversized limit is 2GB.
Outlook up gradation: When user failed to upgrade MS outlook due to insufficient knowledge or some other interruptions then it show an error and it makes PST file inaccessible.
Error due to compacting: Sometimes users may compact PST file because of large size and if any sort of interruptions occur during compact process then it may lead to errors which cause PST file corruption.
Other Reasons: Some other reasons responsible for damaging of PST file are accessing PST file over network, compacting of PST file, deficiency in Outlook programs, etc.
Precautions to be taken:
- Regularly update your system with antivirus to free it from virus.
- Don’t close Outlook improperly.
- Always keep back up of your PST file.
Features of Fix PST software:
- It has potential to repair damaged PST file on all versions of Windows such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 2007, Windows 2003, Windows 2010, Windows 2000, etc.
- Its unique feature ensures you that each time of the repairing process; a new PST file is generated.
- It recovers emails as well as other attributes like contacts details, calendars, tasks, notes, etc.
- The software has the capability to fix oversized PST file and even password protected Outlook PST.
- It has an ability to fix damaged Outlook PST file for retrieving mails properties like subject, cc, bcc, its contents, etc.
- If any query arises during the repairing process, users can contact the technical team that is available 24*7.
- This software comes with a preview option; users can view the fixed PST file in the demo version itself.
- It has capability to fix damaged Outlook PST created on Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2003, 2000.
- The software takes very less memory space for installation i.e. 50 MB