Outlook is a Microsoft application used as an email manager for communication between two or more people e.g, to send & receive emails. Outlook, can also be used to maintain calendar items, tasks, contact manager, taking notes journal entries and other personal information etc. These all information are stored in .PST file format in outlook when you work online and when you work offline all these are saved in .OST file format. Sometimes you may lose data from these files due to accidental deletion or some other reason and all your stored data gets deleted from these files. In such cases, to recover Outlook PST and OST file you can use Outlook recovery software. There are other scenarios which explain how your data might get deleted.
- The outlook has different versions that are varied by their storage capacity. Outlook 2002 stores 2 GB data in PST file, Outlook 2003 & 2007 stores 20 GB data, and Outlook 2010 stores 50 GB data in PST file.Outlook 97-2003 stores 2GB data in its OST file. If this file size gets oversized then all your stored data might get deleted from PST and OST files.
- Sometimes when you try to upgrade your Outlook from old version to the new version deletions can happen. The benefit of upgrading Outlook is that you will get lots of added features with the latest version e.g. increased storage capacity of MS Outlook. But during this upgradation process if any problems occur or upgradation process get interrupted then there are chances of deletion of all stored data from PST files.
- In an organization many people uses or share the same PST or OST file over a network. During this if any error occurs then it results in deletion of all emails and other data from Outlook file.
Inspite of this there are some more commonscenarios like, abrupt shutdown of system while accessing Outlook application, sudden power failure, deletion due to virus or malware attack, etc. To overcome these problems you have to take some precautions; some of those are like,
- Don’t operate on multiple emails to avoid outlook crash.
- Keep an updated antivirus in your system to avoid virus attack.
- Before shutting down your system try to close the Outlook application
- Keep a weekly basis backup of your OST and PST file.
These are very convenient and easy steps to avoid data deletion but still if you are facing some problem then you can use the best Outlook recovery software. This software helps you to recover deleted emails from OST file and PST file. This Outlook recovery tool helps you to recover all your deleted emails, calendar items, journals, personal notes etc.This software is available as free trial version which you can download and preview your recoverable deleted items from Outlook. To save these deleted Outlook attributes you can purchase the full version of this software.