Microsoft Outlook is widely used application over the network that is mainly used for the purpose of sending and receiving email messages. Beside from emailing, it has many useful stuffs like saving contacts, notes, meetings, appointments, journals, calendars and etc. Outlook stores all the data into a very important data file known as Personal Storage Table. It is usually shorted as PST file. PST file stores all the data in a single folder and it make easy accessibility of data.
Sometimes PST file may get corrupted. Once PST file is corrupted, its entire information becomes inaccessible. Outlook PST file may get corrupted due to various reasons. An inbox repair tool known as scanpst.exe, that comes out with Microsoft Outlook application is used for fixing corrupted PST file. But, generally this inbox repair tool fails to repair PST file. In such a scenario, you can fix corrupted PST file with the assistance of Repair PST File software.
Reasons behind corruption of PST file:
Virus Attack: Virus can make your PST file inaccessible. If your PST file is severely infected by harmful virus attack, then your PST file gets corrupted and make your PST file inaccessible.
Power Failure: Outlook closes improperly due to power failure or sudden shutdown of system. In such situations, your PST file may get corrupted.
Oversized PST File: PST file get corrupted if they exceed the allocated size of that PST file. For Outlook 2007, the oversized limit is 20 GB.
Header File Corruption: Header file contains all information about the PST file like name, date of creation, size, etc. It may get corrupted due to various reasons and when you attempt to access that PST file then you will get an error message.
Bad Sectors: If there are any bad sectors on your hard disk and your PST file stored on them then it may results in inaccessibility of your PST file.
Outlook Up -gradation: If you encounter any error message, while upgrading your MS Outlook application, then it will result in the corruption of PST file. Usually, it happens due to choosing improper method of Outlook up gradation. Generally, users with insufficient knowledge regarding Outlook upgrading method face this issue.
Other Reasons: There are several other reasons behind corruption of PST file such as error due to compacting, storage device failure, etc.
- Don’t terminate Outlook improperly to avoid corruption of PST file.
- Always keep backup of your PST file in order to use it in case of emergency.
- Try to accommodate your PST file within the allocated size limit according to different version of Outlook to avoid PST file corruption.
- Use updated Antivirus to keep your system free from virus attack.
Features of Repair PST File software:
- It repairs PST file on all latest versions of Microsoft Outlook such as 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.
- This tool is compatible to repair PST file on various versions of Windows operating system such as Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, etc.
- During repairing process, it recovers your entire lost or deleted PST items such as emails, contacts, meeting, task, notes, etc.
- Preview option is available for the users to preview the repaired results.
- Software takes very less memory space for installations.
- The software has the capability to fix oversized PST file.
- It can also fix password protected and highly encrypted PST file.
This software not only repairs corrupted PST file but also recovers deleted PST file