Outlook is one of the most famous email based application which is widely used by professional as well as personal users. It provides you facility to access sent and received mail even if server is facing down. Beside of emailing features it provides you additional features such as contact manager, task manager, calendar, appointment manager, etc. Due to such numerous features many organization are relying on Outlook for successfully running their business. Outlook uses two file to store offline and online Outlook data. The main difference between PST and OST file is that OST file store cached Outlook data and PST stores actual Outlook data. PST files can be stored on your computer as back up.
PST files are very sensitive and like other digital files PST files are also prone to get corrupted due to minor issue. Corruptions of PST file lead to inaccessibility and thus loss of important Outlook data which is not acceptable. To avoid such disaster situation Outlook designer developed inbuilt repairing tool Scanpst.exe. In case of PST file corruption first you should use inbuilt Scanpst.exe, to know how to run Scanpst.exe follow below mentioned steps.
How to run Scanpst.exe?
- First of all close Outlook application.
- Enable show hidden files and folders option in Folder Option
- Press Windows button on keyboard
- In search Box type Scanpst.exe
- Double click on Scanpst.exe to start repairing process
However Scanpst.exe tool can repair PST file only with minor issues, in case of major corruption Scanpst.exe fails to fix PST files. But fortunately to get rid of such case you no need to worry about how to use Scanpst.exe as you can use Scan PST Fix tool which can repair PST files when Scanpst.exe fails to work, Team of experts has developed Outlook repairing tool which is named as Scan PST Fix and capable enough to repair damage or corrupted PST files.
Common reasons due to which PST files may get corrupted
- Oversized PST file: PST file size is predefined by the MS Outlook which varies with versions of application. If data stored in PST file tries to exceed the capacity of PST file then it easily get corrupted and lead to loss of Outlook data.
- Virus Attack: As it is stored in your local system virus can also damage PST files easily. Sometime they may lead to deletion of PST file from system.
- Improper Up gradation: You may upgrade Outlook application to use enhanced features, which may rewrite new PST file and hide old one. Thus you should store PST file in secure location before upgrading.
- Unreliable Compressing Tool: To reduce size of PST file you may compress it, using any unreliable compressing tool may damage you PST file.
- Abrupt Termination: Abrupt termination of Outlook application while accessing PST file may damage PST file.
Salient features of Scan PST Fix software
- Scan PST Fix is read only software which scans corrupted PST file, extract information and store them in newly created PST file.
- Developed with advanced search algorithm which finds PST file location automatically from your system. To know about how to find location of PST file visit: http://www.scanpstfix.com/file-location.html
- It has powerful algorithm which can fix Outlook PST file created on any versions of Outlook including 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000 etc.
- It can repair large sized PST file without any hassle and recover emails and other Outlook data.
- Password protected PST files can be fixed with ease.
- After repairing Outlook PST file, it generates PST file in 2003-2010 format which can be easily imported.
- Recovered emails and other Outlook data can be viewed in real time Outlook folder structure by using default Outlook browser.