Has your PC or laptop is not starting or booting correctly? If yes, then here is a solution to overcome from the booting issues. Use Safe mode method to start your system.
What is Safe mode?
Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.
If a problem doesn’t reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers as possible causes. If a recently installed program, device, or driver prevents Windows from running correctly, you can start your computer in safe mode and then remove the program that’s causing the problem.
How to begin Safe mode on your computer?
- First, remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your system.
- Procedure to restart computer
- Click the Start button Picture of Start button, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button Picture of Shut Down button, and then click Restart.
- Just follow any one among the following steps:
- If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you’ll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
- If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter.
- Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.
Note: When your computer is in safe mode, you’ll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.